4.05.2012

Infectious crochet



Turns out the bad cold I thought I had is actually a sinus infection.  After coming into work Tuesday morning, and telling my boss how I didn't feel better at all, she told me to go to the doctor as soon as possible.  I went down to a multicare clinic nearby as soon as it opened.  And waited.  And waited.  When they finally called me back, I saw the doctor for 5 minutes, she told me what I already suspected (that I had a sinus infection), wrote me a prescription and I was outta there....3 hours later.

I'm on my second full day of antibiotics and I'm finally starting to feel better.

I missed two full days of work, and during that time, I did a lot of crocheting.  A. LOT.

I made two Easter bunnies (above...they're a couple), a lion, and a hat for Brad.

 I pinned a picture of this hat on Pinterest, and made the mistake of showing it to Brad.  Right away he was like, "Make me one of those, please!"  And he wanted it immediately...because he knows I can make a hat in an evening. The picture we'd originally seen on Pinterest had been a pattern for a baby, but I've made several similar hats in adult sizes, so I was able to wing this one in a solid color and then add the stitching later to make Jack Skellington's face. We have a few friends who are big fans of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and Brad's pretty pumped to go show off his hat.

The lion was the other pattern I bought from the luvlygurumi Etsy shop.  His mane and tail turned out perfectly, but I'm not a huge fan of the way his limbs look.  I think I'll make another one to try to improve on his body and such.

At the end of last week, I got on an Easter kick, and found the pattern for the bunny couple.  They will be proudly displayed on Sunday when Brad and I host Easter lunch for both the families.

We'll have probably 16 people at our house for the afternoon, and I'm pretty excited about it.  We've hosted Easter once before, and it worked out OK...except that we did not have a dishwasher then.  And now we do! We're movin' up in this world, people.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should make the bee...he's really cute too. Jacquie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!