It's a blog award called the Liebster. Which, in all honesty, I'd never heard of before. So I looked it up, and it sounds pretty cool.
It's an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers. The rules for after you have been nominated are...
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you via post.
- Tell 11 awesome or embarrassing facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
- List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserves some recognition.
- Post 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify all the bloggers you've selected that they've been nominated.
- You CANNOT nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 Random facts about me (and a few embarrassing ones)
- I am 5-feet 10-inches tall.
- I love Justin Timberlake. My mom even encouraged our imaginary - imaginary 'cause, you know, we'd never been introduced - nuptials right up until I married my husband (a man I'd actually met before).
- I had an NSYNC fan website in high school. Oh, yes, I did.
- I have two little sisters. One 2 years younger, and one 8 years younger. A few people have told me I don't "act like an oldest"...I'm not sure if I should be offended or not...
- Since becoming a Stay-At-Home-Mom, my Suzy Homemaker gene has kicked into high gear. I am constantly cleaning, folding laundry or cooking/baking. I've had the crazy urge to organize everything in our house. I want to paint walls, rearrange furniture, do DIYs (which I'm not even GOOD at), and you know what? I totally LOVE IT!
- I love to crochet. After baking a big old batch of cookies, there's nothing better than sitting down with my hook and some yarn and making myself a poncho (or something else made of yarn). What's that, you say? Your grandma needs a new member to join her old lady club? Count me in!
- I'm not a huge fan of the outdoors. When I go camping, I am always certain that I'm going to turn a corner and a wild animal (be it bear, moose, or crazy raccoon) is going to be waiting there to eat me. I actually can't enjoy myself at all because of this.
- I love sleep. So so much. I had a pretty serious mourning period after Ellie was born. Because I realized, I will never again sleep as well as I used to. Ever.
- I do not like wearing dresses. I want to like wearing them. I really do. But I just find them so uncomfortable.
- I am currently watching Twilight: Eclipse. With my husband. And it was his idea. (maybe that one was more about him than me.)
- I never liked ice cream. Until I became pregnant. I ate ice cream everyday during pregnancy. And now I'm still a fan.
And now, Justine's questions:
Who is your favorite author and why?
I do a lot of reading, but i'm not sure I have a real answer... so i'll say Francine Rivers, a Christian fiction (kinda romance) writer. I've loved every book I've read by her.
Along those same lines, what is your favorite book?
I have a few: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Mark of the Lion Series, and Redeeming Love
What is your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere with a beach/pool and warm weather.
What is your dream vacation?
A tour of Europe. I've never been.
What is your dream date?
Anywhere with my husband...cheeeeeeeese...
What is one of your guilty pleasures?
chick lit and cheesy teenage movies (like twilight)
What five things make you extremely happy?
my family, my home, my relationship with Jesus, my friendships, and chocolate
How did you decide on your blog name?
I was trying to be clever. You know, my married name is Smith. We were/are building a life together. Smithing a life, if you will, like a blacksmith; Life Smith.
What was your favorite tv show as a child?
If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
I always thought I wanted to change my name growing up. I feel like Carlee is better suited to someone shorter and blonder and girlier than me. But I could never think of a name I liked better. So I'll just stick with Carlee.
...and here's where this gets embarrassing. I'm supposed to nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers. But I realized... All of the blog I read regularly have more followers than that! So who do I nominate?? Anyone want to recommend any awesome smaller blogs for me to check out?