12.11.2012

3rd Trimester, you're not my favorite

28 weeks and the bathroom at work
I've had a pretty easy pregnancy, so far. 

The first trimester, I was tired all the time and took lots of naps (who doesn't love a good reason to take LOTS of NAPS!?), the second trimester I had more energy than I've had in years (especially when eating fast food several times a week...yikes...), and then last week hit. 

Week 27, beginning of the third trimester.

Third Trimester, we've only known each other a short time, but I'm pretty sure I don't like you very much.  You make me uncomfortable.

My back hurts, my hips hurt, my feet and hands are retaining water, and I'm tired again...except I can't sleep. I get up to pee at 2:30AM and then lie awake until after 4. Every. Night. Without fail.  There is a very large number on the scale (that just keeps getting bigger!), and lastly... have you ever had a hemorrhoid?  ...me neither. I was just asking. ...awkward.

Last week, was the first time that I thought about how excited I am to have my body be my own again.

However, despite all this awkwardness, I've never been more willing to be uncomfortable till baby is ready in another 12 weeks. Keep baking, little baby!

Every night, Brad and I chat about how excited we are to meet our little one; to see what she looks like and what she'll be like.

In the meantime, Brad's making sure to get lots of practice, and will offer to hold any baby. Have a baby and need your hands free for a few minutes?  My husband will hold it... until it cries or poops, then you get the baby back.

9 comments:

  1. I like the last paragraph, that's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Great post. I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, but it makes for a very entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I'm glad someone's enjoying my misery. ;)

      Delete
  3. 3rd trimester is tough! Hope it goes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The rest has gone by quickly up until now. Let's hope this trend continues. :)

      Delete
  4. ciao, i am toi a mother of one. don't worry that the weeks to your sweet baby will come very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sister says that the third trimester is her favorite. i thought it got better in the third trimester :(

    i hope it starts to ease up on you.


    but on a happy note, i love your leopard loafers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyday is different. maybe i just need to adjust. :)

      And thanks! I got my shoes at Target just last week!

      Delete

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!