3.23.2013

2 weeks

Today my little E is 2 weeks old. It feels like just yesterday she was born and also forever ago at the same time (if that makes sense).

I'm not sure what I expected parenthood to be like, but holy moly... This is the hardest thing I've ever done. And she hasn't even started talking back yet!

The lack of sleep is the hardest part. I mean, I knew I liked sleeping before, but I did not imagine the grouch-fest that would occur if I didn't get in 8 hours... Yikes. My poor husband has had to force me to take naps so that I would stop being such a B-word. But I'm getting better at sleeping when she sleeps. Or at least lying down to rest when she sleeps.

I have learned a ton about myself over the last 2 weeks. I never thought I'd be one of those moms that calls the pediatrician cause her kid coughed one time, but that happened. Oh, yes, that happened.

Also, so much crying in my house. And the baby has only been responsible for, like, a third of it. Hormones raging up in here (my hormones).

Earlier this week, I started to get a little cabin fever. So Brad suggested we go for a drive just to get out. It did wonders for my mood, and while driving we discovered something awesome; Elliott is completely knocked out by riding in the car. She slept the entire time.

This is excellent. If we are ever desperate for her to fall asleep, car ride it is.

Also good news, I have kinda learned how to breastfeed in public. And by "public" I mean, in my car, which is better than only being able to feed her at home. It means we can leave the house for more than an hour at a time! I was starting to feel a bit like a prisoner.



1 comment:

  1. What a darling in her little owl hat!

    (and if it makes you feel better, I insisted we call the pediatrician about some blood from the umbilical cord, and I have looked up about a million things on Google!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!