12.29.2013

2013


2013 was a big year for us. 

This year, we got really serious about budgeting, then we bought a new car; I stopped working; and, of course, the biggest thing of all, our sweet Elliott joined us and took over our home, our lives, and our hearts. 

It's been an amazing time. 

Today, after hearing the message at church, we decided to set a few goals for our family. Brad and I have made personal goals before, but we've never sat down to do it for the family as a whole. It seems like a great way to set out on the right foot. I'm not talking resolutions. While I would like to get in better shape, I'm also not fooling myself into thinking I'll suddenly want to go to the gym everyday. 

We're each coming up with broad goals for each category: finances,  marriage, family, home, etc.

I'd like to make date nights a priority, and paint the outside of our house, to name a few. 

Will you be setting goals for the upcoming year?

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture!

    My husband and I are planning to sit down today or tomorrow and talk through some family goals too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!