|She in her superhero cape aka poncho, me in my PJs|
I've seen a lot of bloggers participating in the "blog every day in May" challenge this month, and while I haven't been able to participate, it has inspired me to blog more. I want to make it my goal to visit this space at least 3 times a week for the month of June.
In an effort to accomplish that goal, I've decided to start my first blog series, entitled 'She & Me' and it'll be a few highlights from the last week with Elliott & I.
So here we go!
- Is lifting herself up on her hands!
- ...and rolling over! Tummy time is not the worst anymore...because she now has the power to change it.
- Received the most adorable yellow poncho in the mail from our cousin, Dorrie, last week. It looks so cute on her!
- She giggles! Brad's gotten the first true chuckles that we've heard so far, but I got a couple half-laughs out of her this morning.
- She's sleeping [mostly] through the night. 6 out of the last 7 nights, she's only woken up at 5am to eat, and then goes back to bed until 8. Woohoo!
- She gets cuter by the day. If that's possible.
- I've used my Kitchen Aid to bake 4 times in the last 7 days. Again, I'm gonna get so fat... Well, WE are. Brad eats my baked goods, too.
- I'm making it a goal this week to go for a 30-minute walk everyday. If this week works, I hope to expand to the entire month of June. Gotta make up for all of the baked goods.
- I'm addicted to cookbooks (even though I usually find my recipes online). I'll find any excuse to buy one...like a new stand mixer.
- I started sleep-training the Little Miss this weekend. I didn't realize how fatigued I'd been until she was asleep in her bed, upstairs, in the middle of the day. The house was quiet and I actually got some time to myself. Naps in her crib are the best thing ever!