11.05.2013

Kiesha

Elliott's entered in the National Gerber Baby Contest! Vote for her here.

I have two sisters.  I've mentioned that before, I'm sure. Well, about a week ago, I wrote a post about how we visited my youngest sister, and how she was kind of a poop when I told her I was pregnant with Ellie.



My other sister, Kiesha, was stoked about my pregnancy.  To my surprise, actually.  I guess I didn't think she'd care that much. She's busy with her career and then-boyfriend-now-fiance.  But when I told her I was having a baby, she was super excited.

And when I found out I was having a girl, she immediately went out and bought lots of cute pink things. She also started planning my baby shower.

Auntie Kiesha's work is about a block away from Brad's work, so anytime Elliott and I go up to visit daddy for lunch, Auntie Kiesha also gets a visit. I'm a little afraid of what might happen if we came up and didn't tell her.

Both of my sisters, love my baby more than I thought they would. I don't have any nieces or nephews yet, so I didn't know what to expect.

They're very hands-on aunties. A few days after E was born, they demanded I text at least 2 photos per day so they could be a part of her daily activities.


It's weird being a grown-up with a baby.  It's like watching my sisters play with my favorite and most delicate toy.  Except now I trust them not to break her.

1 comment:

  1. I vividly remember when you were born and how excited I was to finally be able to see and play with you;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!