8.14.2015

Chapters

High-waisted swimsuits are A+ for mom-bod.

I realize that I've had 2 children in less than 3 years, and I should be proud of what this body has accomplished.  But my youngest is now 9 month old, and I'm feeling frustrated. I'm realizing that this body of mine is different. Much different. In the obvious ways and the not-so-obvious ways.

Since May, Brad and I have been eating a mostly low-fat plant-based diet. I'd say we stick to it approx 90% of the time.  The weekends are the hardest, but even on the weekends we it's usually only 1-2 meals we eat that don't conform. 

I've also cut out sugar.  Which in an of itself should have made a HUGE difference.  But nope. No dice.

Before having babies, all I had to do was stop eating cookies or eat less pasta.

I have never eaten this healthy in my entire life and I haven't weighed this much since puberty...

It's frustrating to say the least.

A few weeks ago, I decided that I should probably switch my focus.  Instead of worrying about the number on the scale, I'll be focusing more on exercise.  If I'm going to be thick, I may as well be strong, too.

I purchased a challenge pack from Beachbody (you know, the guys who make P90X). The challenge pack came with their premium protein shake, Shakeology, and the CIZE program. If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen my sweet dance videos.

And by sweet I mean, completely embarrassing. But for accountability purposes, I need to post them.

So this is my journey to be stronger, and healthier, AND ok with not being model-skinny...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!