2.25.2010

Summer dreaming

Originally, Brad and I had planned to do a small salad/appetizer buffet at our wedding. To keep the costs low. But over the weekend, we found an amazing little Italian restaurant that gave us a great price quote for full meals, as well as tables and chairs, dishes, linens, and bar service! 

At first Brad was a little sticker-shocked by the price (it's a bigger number than we've spent on any other wedding item, which is normal. We're feeding nearly 200 people!).  But we talked to another caterer later on, and he had a higher price.  We also talked to one of Brad's aunts, who is a wedding planner in Sequim, and she was amazed that we could get so much stuff for such a low price!  So that made him feel better and he gave me the go-ahead.

The Flying Tomato Italian Grill is in Graham, WA, and Brad and I drove down there last Friday evening to talk to the catering coordinator (who's also the owner, I believe), and to sample the food.  We weren't sure if they were going to provide us full meals or just little samplings, but when we got there, he brought us GIANT plates of salad, two kinds of chicken, sausage and meatballs, and pasta with three different kinds of sauce.  And it was all DELICIOUS!  I'm so excited to have them cater! I've heard that the bride & groom don't often get to eat at their own wedding, but if I have to carry my plate around in order to eat that food, I'll do it.

Since the caterer will be taking care of our chair and table rental items, it was really the last big thing we had to cross off of the list. We have a place, we have a photographer, we have FOOD, we have chairs and tables, and I have my dress (with a few accessories!).

The rest of the stuff is the small things. Flowers, centerpieces, CLOTHES FOR THE BOYS (but that's Brad's job, favors, those types of things. Brad's mom has agreed to help me with the flowers.  I think we're going to try to find wholesale flowers and then arrange them ourselves. 

I wish it was July already, I want to get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!