4.20.2010

Lilacs

Since I can remember, I've loved lilacs.  LOVE, not like. So you can imagine my excitement when one of the trees in my front yard began to bud this spring only to reveal those delicious smelling purple flowers.(And I'm sure you can also imagine my anger when Brad made a comment about taking the lilac bush out... He crazy!)

They've only begun to bloom within the last few days.  Yesterday evening, after I'd trudge up the hill from scary downtown Tacoma (another story for another time), I walked into my front yard to be met by pretty little purple flowers and their lovely signature scent.

Of course I had to clip some to take inside.  I love having fresh flowers indoors.


If only I could figure out a way to transport them to work without smooshing, so I could have some for my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!