10.04.2010

Since I've Been Gone

A lot has happened over the last 6 months, as you can imagine.

Brad and I are married now, and our wedding turned out beautifully.  It was a wonderful day.  The weather was gorgeous and warm (!!!) and there were no major mishaps.

We've spent the almost 3 months since our wedding day enjoying newly wedded bliss.  Everyone keeps asking me how marriage is, and I tell them it's the greatest thing ever, and I highly recommend it.

Also in the last month, I've started a  new job!  I hated my last one.  I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that here, but it was unbearable.  I am not cut out to be an Administrative Assistant. And the company I was working for did not treat their support staff with any trust or respect. It was the first and only job where I've ever received a negative review, and no matter what I did or how hard I tried, I couldn't change it.  Someone was always saying something negative (and I wasn't the only one it was happening to). Needless to say, I am so glad to be out of there!

My new job is just a mile and a half from my house in Tacoma, WA.  The week before I was set to start my new position, Brad's car decided it didn't like the transmission it had.  We couldn't afford to put any money into the car, and because a transmission is so expensive we decided to sell his car on craigslist (we were 100% honest with the buyer about the problems with the car, don't worry).  It all worked out perfectly.  With the money we made from the car, we'll be able to stay on top of the bills this month, while we adjust to my new pay schedule. Since my new work is so close, we've decided to make due with 1 car, and I've been riding my bike to work everyday!  I love it!

I've been at my new job for 1 week now, and I am so happy there! I am working at a local University.  The people are so nice. It's also really fun to be back on a college campus everyday.

Brad and I have decided that we need (and want) to be more involved in our community.  We've been attending a local church, and are looking into ways to get more involved.  We've also been talking about volunteering around the city a few times a month.  The Tacoma Salvation Army is just 1 block from our house, so I don't imagine it'd be too hard to get involved with their food bank.

I'm going to try really hard to post more regularly on here.  Now that I'm married I need a few good hobbies to undertake while my husband plays Halo in the evenings (a new addiction of his).

Because it's been so long I do have a lot to say, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone (or myself) with a novel on my first day back.  More to come tomorrow.

One of my favorite wedding pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!