2.08.2010

The Dress

I've recently discovered that Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. I get to sleep in, I have a full day to do whatever I want, and I still have another full free-day ahead of me so it's not poisoned by the thought of another fast-approaching work week. Sunday used to be my favorite day, but in the last 8 or so months, come Sunday I'm already feeling annoyed that Monday is just around the corner. Next Monday, though, is a holiday, so Sunday should return to its once blissful relaxation day status... at least for next week.

Yesterday, though, was not a bad Sunday. It started off looking a little bleak, but it quickly turned around. Yesterday morning, I woke up later than normal (still before 9, though), and took my time getting ready for my day.

Yesterday was Wedding Dress shopping day. Brad's mom, and my mom, along with two friends joined me at the bridal salon, a little shop just down the street from my house. I'd picked out a few style I wanted to try before going in, but by the end of the day my choices were NOTHING like what I'd imagined for myself. I walked out of the store with a dress AND veil. Without giving too much away (because someone reads this blog...or at least he SAYS he does), the dress is more of a vintage style than I thought would have suited me. I tried on the stock dress and it fit like a glove. It needs no alterations or anything. So I bought that one. No needing to order. Nothing. It is perfect. It's more of an ivory color (off-white) and it's trumpet style. I originally thought a trumpet or mermaid style would've made me look to hip-py (like big in the hip area, not like a flower child), but it totally works. I'm so excited to wear it!

On Saturday, Brad and I had our engagement photos done. It was TONS of fun! We were at Gasworks Park in Seattle, and we were fortunate enough to hit the 2 hours of sunshine that came out that day. I can't wait to see how they turned out! Brad kept having to fake laugh so that his smile looked more real. He has a hard time looking sane in photos of us together. We had a really good time hanging out with Murray and Michelle all day.

Yesterday after dress shopping, it was super bowl time. Brad and I just hung around the house and ate pizza. It was lovely. And by lovely I mean very manly and masculine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!