2.10.2010

Valentine's [early edition]

I've been trying to get a head start on my Valentine's stuff this year. Last year, I was unemployed over the Holiday, so I had lots of time on my hands, but little money.  Brad got a homemade gift last year. I'm pretty sure he loved it more than anything I could've bought, so for this year I'm doing the same thing.

I found a cute idea on one of those DIY/craft websites.  I won't tell you what it is, but just know that it's nearly completed. I'm just waiting on one last piece that should come in the mail by the end of the week.

I also found a very yummy looking recipe for Red Velvet Sandwich cookies/cakes.  I'd like to make them for whatever Brad and I end up doing that day, but I can't find red velvet cake mix in a box! (and I'm feeling to lazy/distracted to make the batter from scratch.)  I bought the heart cookie cutter and everything!  ...Maybe I'll just make heart-shaped sugar cookies instead.  With colored frosting.  ...even though Brad and I aren't really supposed to be eating that stuff...

Also this week (not related to V-Day), I've decided to learn to knit.  I bought needles and some pretty orange yarn on Monday.  Last night, while watching LOST, I taught myself the basic stitch.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  It's not quite as easy as crochet, but I kinda like it anyway.

Also, here's another picture of Brad and I from our engagement photo shoot.  'Cause we're just so cute!













Photo credits: 
Red Velvet sandwich cookies - mint.com,  engagement photo - picky penguin photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!