what I did on my holiday weekend...

I love three day weekends. Especially productive ones.

Brad and I got lots of wedding items checked off the 'ole To-Do List , but it also felt very relaxing.

On Saturday, I got up and went to a Hot Yoga class with my mom. It was my first one, and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.  I'm going again tonight, actually.

After yoga, Brad and I were meant to go to Target to put together our wedding registry.  Four hours later, after Brad had hacked the yard to bits, we were finally on our way. 

OK, he didn't actually hack the yard to bits, but he did clear quite a few bushes and manage to cover himself in mud.  I told him I should have been out there with him to supervise.

We were at Target for a couple of hours making sure we got everything we needed on the list, and I still thought of a few things after we got home.

Sunday was Valentine's Day, of course.  We went to church in the morning, and then spent most of the day cooking and doing chores around the house. He made T-bone steaks and lobster tails for dinner with asparagus! 

And I made a chocolate cheesecake for dessert.  Oh, and I also made these very tasty Parmesan garlic mashed potatoes (not pictured).  Everything was so good!

We put a fire in the fireplace, and spent a few hours at the table just chatting.  Then we both (and Kitty) fell asleep on the couch at 9pm. We're old people. It was an exhausting day.

Yesterday was President's Day, so I had the day off from work. It was lovely! It was a nice sunny day out. Brad got up and did a p90x workout, and then we both went for a run together just before lunch. It was my first run ever!  We went a total of 2.2 miles!  Pretty good for my first run I'd say.  And I think ultimately, I ended up running about half of that. I wore a  heart-rate monitor so when my heartbeat got too fast I'd walk for a little while.  Then after our run, we did one last lap around the block as a cool down. I felt GREAT afterward!  It put me in an amazing mood. I got out in the sun, and got moving.  We decided we would make it a Saturday morning routine.

After the run, we did a bunch of errands, and then worked on getting our save-the-date cards addressed. I bought a printer so we could just print labels. It was way easier than trying to do them all by hand.  Today I need to go buy stamps so we can get them in the mail. 

We had dinner together at around 5, and then Brad headed back to Seattle to get ready for the work week.

It was a wonderful weekend. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!