3.11.2010

Etsy

I have a problem.  Starting about 6 months (or so) ago, I was lead to a little site called Etsy.com in search of an insulated reusable lunch bag. Not only did I find what I was looking for, I also found tons of other handmade, antique, and uniquely awesome items. 

I became addicted.

Since the wedding planning started I've visited Etsy nearly everyday. I've found all of my bridal accessories there, as well as a few other "had to have it" things. 

When I went shopping for my wedding dress, the bridal shop was having a sale.  $100 off the purchase price of my gown AND I got a free veil!  I wasn't planning on wearing a veil. But it was free, so I took it!  It definitely goes with the style of my dress, and I'm actually excited about wearing it.  It's a birdcage style, in the same ivory color as my dress.  

I'm in the process of growing my hair out, and since I don't know how long it will be I've been at a loss for what to do with it.  Also, the veil I have it just a veil on a comb. It needed something else. 

Yesterday on Etsy I found these amazing handmade ivory silk flowers.  They were a little more than I'd planned on spending, but they're exactly the look I think of when I think "wedding" so I bought them. 

Today on Etsy I found the perfect present for my bridesmaids. The seller makes all of the items herself, and posted that she offers discounts for bridal parties.  Done and done. 

I love Etsy.

At this rate, I'm going to have all of the planning finished like a month before the actual wedding. 

I'm already getting impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!