10.08.2012

Another post about my hair...

I had an overwhelming response to my hair dilemma the other day, and while I'm still trying to decide what to do, I wanted to say thank you to all of you who voted. First, I didn't know that many of you were reading this, so that's awesome! You're awesome!  You're especially awesome for indulging me in my dumb "vote on my hairstyle 'cause I'm indecisive"-ness. And second, you did help make my decision a little bit easier. Believe it or not I've been through this 3 times.  Try to grow it out, hate it, cut it off, get bummed out, try to grow it again, hate it, cut it. It's a vicious cycle.

The overwhelming response was that I cut it short.  Which, I'm inclined to agree with.  Short hair just feels very much like Me. But then I look at pictures of other mamas-to-be on the internet (...Pinterest...) and they have their hair in cute top knots, and pony tails and braids and other fun styles, and I think (in my whiniest voice) "I want to be able to do that, too!"

However, I do know a little bit about myself.  Having lived with me for 29 1/2 years I've tried to pay attention. And I'm 99.9% certain that if my hair was long, it would be in a ponytail or a bun. Very rarely would I actually take time to style it.  And if I did style it, do you know where it'd be by the end of a long day (or even a few hours into that long day)?  It'd be in a ponytail because I hate my hair in my face.  It's hot. And curls get itchy on my neck.  Also, you know what hairstyles don't look good on me?  Ponytails and buns.  Because I pull my hair back too tight and it makes me look like a dude.  ...OK a really girly dude, but still. Not the best look.

While it sounds like I've made my decision, I'm still feeling very indecisive.  Let's blame it on the hormones.  (Everything's a much more emotional decision with hormones, don't you know.)  Though, I did tell Brad - who is on a business trip from today through Thursday - not to be surprised if my hair is gone when he gets home. 

Soo... bla bla bla, I can't decide.  I promise not to talk about it anymore until I decide something.  'Cause hey, how long can you talk about your hair without being boring? Not that long.

In other news...  here's what I've been doing lately... in pictures.

1-3. Baking, baking and more baking.  And eating baked goods.  Thankfully, though, that belly (#4) is more baby than cookies.


1. That first one is another belly shot.  For some reason a lot of people were really confused by the pattern.  It's a sweater folks, not an anaconda or other diamond patterned snake.

 2. Breakfast at a local bakery this weekend.

3. Kitty. She helps me be lazy some weekends.

4. An owl I  made.  His eyes are crooked.

2 comments:

  1. when do you guys find out? I'm so excited for you!!

    Is the sweater from Target? I bought it in the green & Matt had an epiphany when he saw it on MY belly. silly man.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for following along with me! I love your encouragement and feedback!